Thank you Forwards and Bookwords for the nomination for the Liebster Award! 🙂
Forwards and Bookwords‘ Questions:
1. Would rather you rather never be able to read again or never be able to write again?
Though I enjoy both, I would have to say I would rather never write again. Reading has been a large aspect of my life, and it’s something that I do every single day and I wouldn’t ever want to stop. Although writing is important, I don’t write as much as I read.
2. What is a bookish sport/event that you wish existed in real life?
I haven’t read very many books that include different sports than what is found in real life, and if I do, usually they’re dystopian novels and I wouldn’t want that to occur in real life anyways.
3. What is a series that you think is underrated?
Probably the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It is popular and does have good reviews, but it’s honestly one of the best series I have ever read, and everyone should read it because I love it just that much! 😀
4. What is a book that you liked “before it was cool”?
I liked Paper Towns by John Green before it became “cool”. I read it when I didn’t even know they were making it into a movie. A lot of people are reading it now, so they can read it before they go see the movie.
5. How do you like to organize your bookshelves?
My bookcase is almost full actually, so I’ll be needing to get a new one soon! 🙂 Anyways, I like to organize my bookshelf by authors and series. For example, all of my John Green books are together and so are all of my Sarah Dessen novels, and of course, all of my series or books with a sequel are in order chronologically! Right now, I have all of my classics and non-contemporary on my top shelf, and my favourite YA contemporaries on the middle shelves, whereas the books that I don’t prefer as much, or don’t look as nice, are on the very bottom shelf.
6. Who, in your opinion, is the ultimate book villain?
This is a difficult question, there are so many book villains! I would probably say the White Witch from the Chronicles of Narnia, because she’s pretty evil.
7. What book has a horrible cover but a great story?
This is definitely To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I recently read this book and posted a review, I really enjoyed the story, it brought forth many important ideas about discrimination, prejudice and social inequality, however I don’t love the cover of it. My copy is the 50th anniversary edition and this cover I disliked the most out of all of the covers made for To Kill a Mockingbird. I’m hoping to eventually re-purchase the book with a cover that I like soon! However, I preordered Go Set A Watchman and just picked it up a few days ago, and I don’t mind that cover at all, however I’ve heard that the storyline isn’t as good.
8. What is a hyped book/series that you never see yourself reading?
I know so many people either are reading or have read the Mortal Instruments series, and I see it absolutely everywhere, but I really don’t see myself ever reading it. Who knows, I might change my mind later on if someone convinces me to read it, but as of right now, what I know of it, it just doesn’t seem to interest me (not that I know a lot about it).
9. What is a book that you want to see turned into a movie?
I just finished The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson yesterday, and I would love to see that novel turned into a movie, While I was reading it, I could visualize the plot and the characters very well, and I think it would make a great movie! 🙂 If it ever is made into a movie, I’ll definitely be going to see it!
10. What book animal/creature would you like to have as a pet?
Reepicheep from the Chronicles of Narnia! He’s like a two foot, seven pound talking mouse! 😀 That is just so cool, and I definitely would want him as a pet! 🙂 Either that.. or Mr. Tumnus because he’s cool too, and I’ve always wanted a pet goat, and he’s half goat so that works! 🙂
11. What’s the least amount of pages it took you to decide to not finish a book? What book and why?
I usually have a rule to read at least one hundred pages of a book before deciding to not finish it, because there are so many books with slow beginnings but start to pick up after about one hundred pages. However, Reached (the third book in the Matched series), is just a different circumstance all together. I tried to like this book, I tried to finish it, but I started to dislike most of the characters, the story seemed to forced like it was just trying to be stretched out when it really shouldn’t have been. I really liked Matched, and I even liked Crossed, but I just could not finish Reached. I think I got about 75 pages in when I decided to just put it down and forget about it. I hardly ever put down a book, I usually read to the end even if I don’t really like it, but I put it back on my bookshelf in December or January and I haven’t resumed reading it yet, I wonder if I ever will. 😦
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. Ever since summer started I’ve been staying up until like 6am every night (because I’m a night owl)
2. I’m actually really excited for school next year, and I want to go back already (I’m a nerd, I know.)
3. I’m usually a very organized person except for when it comes to my bedroom, that’s almost always a mess, but I blame my rabbit Cappuccino for that 😉
4. School is one of the most important things to me.
5. I got the highest mark in my law course and received the law award – which makes me really happy because I want to be a lawyer.
6. My two favourite colours right now are peach and tourquoise but my favourite colours change all of the time.
7. I’m currently very happy. 🙂 I’m a really happy person, but right now I feel like my life is actually pretty good!
8. I really want to go to Paris and Australia one day! Visiting those two places are on my bucket list 🙂
9. I’m currently reading Stolen by Lucy Christopher and I started it last night at like 4am and I was actually pretty scared and I couldn’t sleep for awhile because of it!
10. My favourite reading spot is outside in my hammock 🙂
11. I strongly believe that boys in books are better than boys in real life.
I nominate these 11 bloggers:
My 11 Questions are:
1. What book/series got you into reading?
2. If you could trade places with any fictional character in a book, who would it be and why?
3. Have you ever cried while reading a book, if so which book was it?
4. What book to movie adaptation did you think failed the most?
5. If you could travel to any book setting, what would it be? (i.e. Narnia, Hogwarts.. etc).
6. What book genre do you dislike the most?
7. Where do you prefer to get your books – the bookstore or library?
8. What is the longest you have read for (in hours)?
9. If you could redesign any book cover, what book would it be and what would the design be like?
10. Do you like to eat while you read?
11. What is your favourite place to read?
I look forward to reading all of your answers! 🙂