Hey everyone! I know it’s getting near the end of the month, so I wanted to share the books that I’ve bought in May! I hope to finish them all this summer. 🙂
- The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L Armentrout – As you guys know, JLA is one of my favourite authors! This book was just released May 17th. The Lux series I read last summer and it’s still my favourite series. 🙂 I am super excited for this book, I don’t know that much about it, but I do know that it’s about a foster child who gets adopted by two doctors. This seems to be a lot different from what I’ve read from JLA in the past, so I’m excited to check this out! 🙂
- Lovely, Dark, and Deep by Amy McNamara – This was more of an impulse buy, I loved the cover (yes, I’m one of those people who judge books by their covers). It follows the life of Wren, a girl who loses her boyfriend in a car accident the summer before she was supposed to go to college, and instead retreats to her father’s studio and meets a boy named Cal who is dealing with his own struggles. I’m interested to see how these characters’ lives intertwine and how they overcome life’s challenges! 🙂
- The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern – I’ve already started this book and I absolutely love it so far! 🙂 This novel follows the life of Jasmine, a well established business woman. However, she was only ever good at her job, and when she gets fired she has to find other things to fulfil her life, while she watches her friend group being successful and happy. She starts watching her alcoholic neighbour who happens to be taking a leave from work. They seemingly hate each other, so I’m interested to see how their relationship develops!
- So Much Closer – Susane Colasanti – This was also an impulse buy, I was just browsing in the book store and I came across a section of books on sale and this was one of them so I decided to buy it! I’ve read When it Happens by the same author last summer and I really enjoyed it, I think I read it under two days, so I decided to give this one a try! This book is about a girl named Brooke who follows her crush to NYC just to find out he already has a girlfriend. From what I know of this book, it’s about self-discovery and how love can be around any corner!
- Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E Smith – I think I might be the most excited to read this one, of all the books I’ve purchased this month! I was approached in the book store from someone who had seen me with this book in my hand, and had just recently finished it and told me how great it was, so I just had to buy it! I’ve read many other books by Jennifer E Smith, and love them so much! They’re perfect cute summer romances! This novel is about a couple the summer before college, deciding if they should break up or stay together because they are going to different schools. They travel and go on adventures and I’m curious what they will decide is best and how they will overcome this obstacle in their relationship! 🙂
(I just love these covers!)