Hey guys, I know I haven’t posted on here in what feels like forever (thank goodness exam season is over) so I wanted to give you a life/bookish update for this upcoming month!
I have been absolutely loving the beautiful spring weather we’ve been having, and I’ve been taking advantage of it by reading outside as much as possible. I’ve been trying to find the most peaceful places to read to try and decompress from such a crazy stressful school year, and before I have to start summer school. I’ve been out taking lots of beautiful spring pictures of cherry blossoms, magnolias, and other blossoming flowers! I’ll share some of these spring photos below:
Recently I have been reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, I’m about three quarters finished, but I have put that one on hold until mid next week, as I have a book club book that I have to finish first! So technically at the moment I am reading both Hush, Hush, and The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. Both of which I am absolutely loving. I know that Hush, Hush kind of has mixed reviews, and I haven’t finished it yet, so I don’t want to say that for sure I love it, because the ending plays a big role in my opinion of the book (Hush, Hush book review to come soon).
My May Reading Plans:
Once I finish Hush, Hush I plan on reading the following books in May:
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman (this is my book club book for May) – Book Review coming really soon!
- This book is set in Australia (my favourite setting, and the country I most want to visit, because I mean.. they have adorable kangaroos and koalas ❤ ) And it follows the life of a light house keeper situated on Janus Rock. His wife Isabelle, has had 2 miscarriages and one stillbirth and wants nothing more than a baby so she can start a family with her husband Tom. When a baby washes up ashore unexpectedly they have to make a decision, to keep it, or to report it and it possibly live in an orphanage. This book is full of ethical dilemmas! It’s my understanding that this is also a movie, which I will watch once I’m finished with the book and do a comparison of the two!
- The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
- This book was definitely an impulse buy. I went book shopping with some of my friends, and I saw this beautiful book, the cover of course caught my attention, and it was on sale, AND the write up on the inside of the plot intrigued me, so for $6 I would be crazy to just not purchase it! Admittedly I don’t know too much about this book or the author, but I’m excited nonetheless. The overview says that this book is about a girl who’s mother dies, and then her father comes into her life, only for her to find out that he’s a powerful politician running for US president, and she’s thrown into the midst of a campaign while falling for a rebellious boy that just might not be ideal for her father’s political aspirations. (Oooh!) Of course, as a political science major, who’s whole life revolves around politics I am more than excited for this one. I don’t think it will disappoint!
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin?
- The third book that I want to read in May is kind of undecided at this current time and is most likely going to change. But as for now, I think I want to read Wolf by Wolf. It’s just been sitting there on my shelf for months, and I’ve been meaning to get around to it!
May means A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas!!
I know guys, I couldn’t have an update post and not mention this. I know everyone is raving right now about May 2nd, and I am equally as excited, I’ve been counting down the days for almost a month now. There’s news that I might get an opportunity to get ACOWAR signed by her and if that happens, I’m going to be so happy! May is my birthday month, and that would just make my whole entire month! I’m so excited! Ahh! (P.s. I love Rhysand ❤ )
So May looks like a really fun and eventful bookish month for me! I’m super excited to read these books, and maybe, hopefully, meet Sarah J Maas!
Let me know if you guys think I should continue to add more spring pictures into my future posts! 🙂 Or have any spring book suggestions, I would love to hear them! I will definitely be blogging more now that I’m done school and have more time!
I just wanted to mention, that I found these absolutely adorable floral magnetic bookmarks in my local bookstore, and I have to say, these bookmarks are so pretty and way better than the paper ones. I might never use a paper bookmark again! They each have really cute inspirational sayings on them and are perfect with my springtime reading theme!